5-DAY SUSPICION INDICATORS RECOGNITION & ASSESMENT (SIRA™) COURSE IN BOSTON, MA
The Suspicion Indicators Recognition & Assessment (SIRA™) system is an innovative behavior detection and security interviewing program founded on methods developed over the past 30 years by the Israeli Security Agency and adapted by Rozin Security Consulting, LLC to provide protective security across a range of public and private sector operational environments.
From Terrorism to workplace violence, perpetrators of violence have demonstrated the ability to adapt to and overcome variety of security technological solutions. Adversaries' weaponry and tactics are constantly evolving. Therefore security programs that are built to detect the weapon for the attack only, relying primarily on security technology, have to date proven ineffective. The Israeli Security Agency (ISA) has recognized that in order to prevent acts of violence one country, state, organization or facility must focus on the human factor, versus relying solely on weapons detection systems, thus deterring and detecting potential perpetrators before harmful acts are executed.
Participants in this training course will be familiar and learn how to utilize the Suspicion Indicators Recognition & Assessment (SIRA™) system to identify and intercept high-risk individuals—such as perpetrators of terrorist attacks—before the incident has occurred, thus enhancing security and law enforcement agencies' ability to prevent violent actions targeting their protected operational environments.
State Street Corporation: Lafayette Corporate Center Blackwell Theater, 2nd Floor
2nd Avenue De Lafayette, Boston, MA 02108
• Januray 28th -- February 1st, 2013
• 08:30a.m.--5:00p.m. Daily
The modules listed below will be used in the proposed courses:
i. Threat Awareness
This module is built to increase security personnel's awareness and understanding of terrorism and other regional and local threats. Students will learn a number of relevant threats posed by terrorist and other perpetrators to our society. Furthermore, this module will examine the mindset of perpetrators and outline common modus operandi. The training will cover the following topics:
• Defining Terrorism,
• Nature of a Terrorist Threat,
• Overview of Local & Regional Threat Landscape
• Means of Aggression (IED's, VBIED's, CBRN, and more)
• Types of Terrorism (Homegrown, State-Sponsored, International)
• Homegrown Violent Extremists
• Aggressors Methods of Operation
• Pre-Operational Cycle
• Active Shooters: Characteristics and Modus Operandi
• Potential Methods of Action
• Suicide Bombers
• Components of a Terrorist Attack
ii. Suspicion Indicators
All of the pre-incident suspicious indicators taught by Rozin Security Consulting, LLC have been derived from actual aggressors' methods of operation and allow trained personnel to identify perpetrators of violence before the incident occur. This training module will cover the following topics:
• History of SIRA™
• Concept and Methodology
• Principles of Suspicion Indicators Detection
• Case Studies Analysis
• SIRA™ Applications
• Integration of SIRA™ in existing Security Operation
• Suspicion Indicators
iii. Suspicion Indicators Recognition
This module is built on the "Suspicious Indicators" module and allows for a thorough practice of the recognition of suspicious indicators in the classroom setting through interactive videos. Participants will learn how to recognize suspicious indicators in the following environments:
• Open Public Areas—Interior
• Open Public Areas—Exterior
• Transit Stations
• Closed, Secured Environments
• Entry Points
• Mass Gatherings
iv. Field Exercises
Rozin Security Consulting, LLC has designed three (3) functional exercises as follows:
• Field Exercise 1: All participants will conduct an exercise of target surveillance and undercover information gathering in a dedicated protected environment. The groups will be tasked with planning an attack on the targeted environment. At the end of the field exercise all groups must present their plans and findings. The purpose of this exercise is to allow students to experience behaviors associated with targeted surveillance from the aggressor's perspective.
• Field Exercise 2: All participants will be divided into small groups. Each group will be responsible for a dedicated protected environment. Each participant will be tasked with identifying potential threat elements (people, vehicles and items) in each protected environment. The purpose of this exercise is to allow students to practice the detection of suspicion indicators in a realistic operational setting.
• Field Exercise 3: Students will be tasked with identifying suspicion indicators in people and conduct security interviews at their assigned areas. This exercise allows students to practice conducting security interviews in a realistic and dynamic operational setting.
v. Body Language
This module covers the nonverbal communication. Nonverbal communication is an essential tool for security/law enforcement professionals tasked with identifying potential threats.
Students learn how to identify deception and pre-attack indicators through analyzing body movements such as facial expressions, gestures, touching (haptics), physical movements (kinesics), posture and the tone of voice. The focus areas of this module are:
• Hands & Fingers
vi. The Cover Story
To be able to conduct an effective Security Interview, one must understand what it takes to build and mantain a cover story. Trainees will learn the process of developing and mantaining a cover story. Students will learn learn the componenets of a typical cover story and develop a cover story for the field exercise.
Security Interviewing (Level I)
Security Interviewing is an essential part of the SIRA™ system and is an effective method for corroborating initially detected suspicion indicators.
This effective tool against perpetrators of violence criminals has proven its effectiveness on many occasions. Perpetrators who learn how to overcome metal detectors, explosives' detection and other security technology will have a little to no chance of overcoming a well-trained security professional who knows to ask the right question at the right time. Security Interviewing is a systematic method of asking questions and assessing provided information and elicited behavior. Security interviewing course will allow trained professionals to determine whether or not the interviewed subject has potential harmful intentions against their protected environment. This training module will cover:
• Concept & Methodology
• Principles of Questioning
• High-Stakes Deception Detection
• Areas of Questioning
• Signs of Lying (Information, Voice & Body)
• Case Studies Analysis
• Integration of Security Interviewing into existing Security Operations
vii. Security Interviewing (Level II)
This module builds on level I of Security interviewing and covers in-class workshops to address the fundamentals of interviewing people. It provides definitions and examples of Socratic Questions, leading/general questions, probing/detailed questions and more. Students will learn how to:
• Conduct group interviews
• Conduct short/selection interviews
• Conduct full interviews
viii. Security interviewing (Level III)
This training module covers in-class and field practice of security interviewing with the focus on assessing "baseline" behavior, analyzing behavioral response to systematically asked detail questions and use of hypothetical questions.
ix. Identity Analysis
Identity Analysis is created to allow security professionals to read and validate national and international forms of identification and to integrate ID information into a Security Interview. This module will cover the following topics:
• Permanent Residency Cards
• National ID's
• Recognition of Counterfeits
• Integration in Security Interview
x. Threat Mitigation Principles
This module will suggest Standard Operational Protocols that address the following topics:
• Suspicious Person
• Immediate Threat vs. Non-Immediate Threat
• Suicide Bomber
• Unattended vs. Suspicious Items
• Explosive Device
• Bomb Threat
• Suspicious Vehicle
To register, please send your company/agency name, your position and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
To download event flyer plese click here 5-Day%20SIRA%20Course%20Flyer(STATE%20STREET)_11.29.12
Due to the content and information presented in this seminar, Rozin Security Consulting LLC reserves the right to refuse seminar participation from individuals who do not have the necessary security clearance and/or background.